Wednesday, January 5, 2011

i love daddy first

When Micah is a bit of a mood, when I say: I love you Mikey  He grouches at me and says: I love Daddy first. Shani asked me if that made me sad, but it really doesn't. I understand loving Daddy first, he's way more fun than me, and quite frankly, I love him first too.

This week Scott had to go back to work after having over 2 weeks at home with us and the big kids. It was heavenly. On his first day back Micah and I had this conversation:

M: I miss my daddy so much
Me: I know Mikey, I miss him too
M: I love my daddy so much
Me: Me too Micah
M: I want my daddy to come back alive (???? what the?)
Me: Micah your daddy is very much alive, and will be home tonight in time for your dinner and bedtime
M: I want daddy to come to my house
Me: He will, just later
M: I'm going to give him lots of cuddles

Such a lovely, lovely boy (most of the time!!). He just adores Scott. The very cute thing though, when Scott actually got home, Micah was a bit distracted playing, but when Toby saw Scott he just ran, pushed past the chair, past Micah, the whole time saying, dad dad dad dad dad... Unbelievably precious. When Scott picked him and literally wrapped his chubby little arms around Scott's wrists and wouldn't let go. I love being mummy to these wee boys!!

1 comment: