Sunday, June 19, 2011

12 days to go...

Well here I am, a single mum for 12 nights and trying not to feel too sorry for myself. I know there are those whose husbands are in the armed forces and they spend months away. I guess I'm spoiled to have a husband who is always so constant and present, so when he's not here it really feels like my world is off kilter. He's only been gone a couple of hours but already I feel his absence keenly.

But I am so proud of him. Off he goes to interview some famous dude in Berlin for a couple of days, and then to present a paper at a prestigious conference in Krakow, Poland. I wouldn't wish him to miss it, but miss him I will. And the boys I imagine when it settles in that Daddy's not just gone to work :( Father please give me strength and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment