Thursday, November 11, 2010

micah

You know there are some days I LOVE LOVE my boys, and others when I'm ready for their bedtime!! But they constantly entertain me and completely overwhelm me with their love and affection.

Yesterday when Micah woke from his sleep crying and grumpy, I gently put him back to bed and made soothing sounds until he was again sleeping. Within a few minutes he was whimpering in his sleep. I went back in and lay beside him and curled him into me like he used to when he was a baby. He snuggled into my shoulder and put his arm around my neck and started snoring. I just lay there looking at him... bliss. I thought these days of snuggling were over. But here lay my beautiful 2 1/2 year old boy, cuddled into my shoulder as though he was still much younger. These are the moments to remember and treasure when he's crying through dinner because daddy put a pea in his mouth!!

Today Micah looks and me and randomly says: I want to very carefully cuddle a cow.

Not entirely sure how you cuddle an entire cow, but no doubt he will try the next time he sees one.

I love this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment